Back to Zing Documentation Home
Zing Performance Tuning
Zing establishes new performance standards for Java. Consider the following system and ZVM tuning recommendations to improve performance of low-latency sensitive applications.
System Tuning Tips
To ensure that your environment is appropriate for performance sensitive tasks, apply the following recommended system configuration settings:
ZVM Tuning Tips
The following command-line options provide a variety of tuning combinations. Study the descriptions to learn more about the cases when they might be useful.
- Zing Virtual Machine Options – basic memory allocation options, enabling and disabling intrinsic functions, codecache flushing.
- Garbage Collection Options – options for garbage collection optimization.
- Reserved Memory Command – the
-Xmxvalue to reserve heap memory.
- Statistics Monitoring Command – the command to statistical information about the garbage collections behavior in ZVM.
- ZVM Mini-Core File Option – the option to create significantly smaller dump Zing core files.
- Speculative Locking Options – options that enable speculative locking in ZVM and allow leveraging the Intel® TSX instruction set.
Starting with the Zing 17.06.0.0 release, you can set up a filter of the options you need to tune ZVM.
Open the template file,
This file is used as a filtering script similar to the
.hotspotrc (-XX:Flags=). However, it allows not only append additional flags but also remove unwanted flags from those provided by other means (command-line, env. variables,
[append]sections with the required command-line options.
Save the file as
.zingrcin any location.
To use the script file, add the following option either to the command line or to the
_JAVA_OPTIONS/JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS environment variable.
Additional tuning options cover specific cases and can be particularly helpful for expert Java programmers and experienced Zing users:
- Tuning Zing Compilers – collecting information about compiler executing code when improving performance of Java application.
© Azul Systems, Inc. 2020 All rights reserved.