Back to Zing Documentation Home
ZVM with ZST Installation Prerequisites Details
These prerequisites are only applicable to the Zing Virtual Machine (ZVM) running in the ZST mode.
While ZVM with ZST run fine with certain default system settings, there are default OS settings that can cause response time sensitive applications to experience multi-hundred-of-millisecond stalls regardless of the JVM. Since Zing tends to eliminate or dramatically reduce JVM-related stalls, these remaining OS related stalls will tend to dominate the worst-case latency behavior of applications. It is therefore highly recommended that the following settings be applied.
To ensure that OS settings are appropriate for performance sensitive applications, apply the following settings.
If you are using a Nehalem power efficiency chip set in the latency-sensitive systems, you might need to disable the Intel idle driver.
- Zing System Tools Release Notes
- Zing with ZST System Requirements
- Installing the Zing System Tools
- Installing the Zing Virtual Machine with ZST
- Installing Zing System Tools Using DKMS
- Verifying Zing Virtual Machine with ZST Installation
- Zing Virtual Machine with ZST Post Installation Tasks
- Run a Java Application with ZVM and ZST
- Zing Compatibility Reference
- Zing ZST Compatibility and API Versions
- Transparent HugePages Settings
- ZST Memory Configuration
- Installing and Configuring Zing Using Read-Only Images
- Upgrading or Uninstalling Zing Components
- ZVM with ZST Monitoring and Management
© Azul Systems, Inc. 2020 All rights reserved.