Back to Zing Documentation Home
Our software distributions are signed by an OpenPGP key when appropriate. To verify your download, see Product Signing Keys (OpenPGP) for details.
Starting with ZVM 19.07.0.0 the Zing Virtual Machine (ZVM) installs and executes without the Zing System Tools (ZST) component. Follow instructions in Installing the Zing Virtual Machine (ZVM) to install the ZVM in the default mode.
The system requirements for the default ZVM mode are as follows:
- RHEL/CentOS 7.3 (or later)
- Ubuntu 16.04 (or later)
- SLES 12 SP2 (or later)
- Debian 9 (or later)
- Amazon Linux 1 and 2
The ZST component is needed for the following situations or requirements:
- Heap size (-Xmx) larger than 1000 GBytes. With ZST, Zing supports up to 20 TB (20,000 GB).
- Static memory reservation for Java heaps at system start.
- OS versions older than listed in the Zing Operating System Requirements.
Additionally, review the following sections to install a production version of Zing:
- Installing a Zing Virtual Machine
- Installing a Zing License
- Verifying the Zing Virtual Machine Installation
© Azul Systems, Inc. 2020 All rights reserved.