When installing the Zulu DMG package on an Apple Silicon-based Mac computer, you may be prompted to install Rosetta 2, a binary translator required to run Intel-based apps on Apple Silicon.
Just confirm the installation and proceed with installing Zulu.
Before you install Zulu, complete the steps described in the section Preparing the Zulu Installation Platform.
- Download the installation package for your platform to your local Downloads folder.
- Locate, select, and double-click the downloaded
- In the installer window that opens, double-click the box image.
On the Introduction panel, click Continue.
On the location panel, click Install.
The default location is
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines. This location is typically preconfigured into the
To change the default installation location, click Change Install Location, select the drive where you want to install Zulu, then click Install.
- If prompted, enter your password to accept the installation on your Mac.
- When installation is complete, the Congratulations panel is displayed. Click Close.
All Zulu files for the OpenJDK are expanded into appropriate folders relative to the
<zulu_dir>/<zulu_jdk> subfolder. For example,