Identify the Tasks to Install Zulu in Your Environment
You have several options for installing Zulu. Select your options from the list and complete the steps in the referenced sections.
- Choose a method to obtain Zulu.
Select a method to obtain Zulu and complete the steps in the appropriate section.
- Validate downloaded installation packages.
If you are using a ZIP, MSI, RPM, or DMG installer, complete the steps in:
- Attach the
If you are using a Yum,
APK,or APT repository, complete the steps in:
- Choose the Operating System Context for your Zulu Installation.
Operating system context includes the operating system used, installation package type, and whether you are using a software repository or not. The installation tasks described here assume common implementation for each of the listed operating systems. For example, typically items installed on
- Windows use a Microsoft Installer (MSI).
- Ubuntu or Debian use either Debian (DEB) packaging or an APT repository.
- RHEL, SLES, or Oracle Linux use either RPM packaging or a Yum repository.
- Alpine Linux use an APK repository.
Complete the steps in the referenced sections for the operating system context that matches your environment. For descriptions of commands not included in the referenced sections, refer to your operating system documentation.
- Installation on Windows Using the Zulu ZIP File
- Installation on Windows Using the Zulu MSI File
- Installation on Linux using the Zulu TAR.GZ File
- Installation on Alpine Linux using an APK Repository
- Installation on Linux using a Yum Repository
- Installation on Linux using an APT Repository
- Installation on Linux Using RPM, DEB or APT Packaging
- Installation on Linux using the Zulu Docker Registry
- Installation on macOS Using a DMG Package through the GUI
- Installation on macOS using the Zulu ZIP File
- Installation on macOS Using a DMG Package through the CLI
- Installation on Solaris Using the Zulu ZIP File